Training Your Kids for Speed and Agility will Enhance their Sports Performance
They say that speed and agility go hand in hand. Whether your kids are into basketball, baseball, soccer, volleyball or football-- being able to move quickly on their feet is an essential ability that any young athlete needs to excel in their chosen sport or activity.
Speed is characterized as the capacity and ability of the body to move in one direction as fast as possible, while agility is the ability to accelerate, decelerate, stabilize, and balance out while quickly changing directions with proper posture.
Both speed and agility involve motor skills. And, although, the different levels of abilities vary from athlete to athlete, training efficiently and effectively for these skills can improve overall athletic ability and performance of your kids.
When your kids have quick agility, they are able to control more of their body, likewise being coordinated and able to make quick moves can help them outperform members of the other team during games. You can teach your young athletes how to get into great shape and give them a competitive edge over others on the team by using training tools that will enhance these abilities.
There are numerous ways and training tools that help kids have better and faster foot movement, making them faster, and overall better athletes, examples are:
- SKLZ Acceleration Trainer – This innovative force absorbing, quick release strap and multi-directional ring that gives athletes the resistance and quick release to increase speed and power. This is a great training tool for basketball, baseball, soccer and football players who need to explode with quick/short bursts on the field or court.
- SKLZ 6x Hurdles - For speed, agility, and plyometric drills, it’s hard to beat hurdles. Hurdles are designed to stand up to the biggest beatings and heaviest athletes. Lightweight, durable and featuring bounce-back construction, they come in packs of six. This is a great training tool for track, basketball and/or soccer players who need to have fast footwork or out jump their competition.
- SKLZ Lateral Resistor Pro - This training tool consists of three resistance cable and patented slide-lock technology, which helps increase first-step quickness and lateral speed. It is also built to strengthen key muscles for fluid movement and proper body positioning. This training tool is great for basketball, baseball, football and soccer players who need to be able to move in many directions quickly - this will help to train their muscles so they don’t get hurt on the field.
- SKLZ Reaction Ball Baseball – This reaction ball increases hand-eye coordination and reaction time. Volley the ball between two athletes, or rebound it against a wall. Upon landing, the ball will bounce in an unpredictable manner. Repeating these steps will improve your speed and hand/eye coordination for baseball.
- SKLZ Recoil 360 – Dynamic resistance and assistance training are keys to maximizing power, speed, and vertical jump. The Recoil 360 trains athletes in every direction, with or without a partner. This training tool is perfect for track, volleyball, football and basketball players who need to be able to jump high to outperform other athletes.
- Speed Chute Resistance Speed Trainer - using this can maximize acceleration and top running speed through resistance and over-speed training. This training tool is perfect for athletes who need to improve their speed of running on the field or court.
Sometimes the difference between being good and being great is practice. The more an athlete practices, the better chances they have getting scholarships for college and winning games. In addition, (players) particularly young athletes can benefit enormously from speed and agility training. Regardless of the sports, your child plays, training your athlete for speed and agility will greatly enhance their sports performance--making them better and faster athletes.
To help your kids optimize their speed and agility, check out Simpson’s Fitness Supplies wide array of training tools today!